Join Roaring Fork Conservancy and Pitkin County Open Space & Trails for an adventure at Filoha Meadows. With a different access into Filoha Meadows from previous years, which includes a longer walk, we’re looking for family-adventure seekers to help us explore this part of Filoha Meadows.
Located near Redstone on Highway 133, Filoha Meadows Nature Preserve contains a natural thermal wetland, providing unique habitat for rare orchids, fireflies, and many other plant and animal species.
We’ll explore areas typically closed to the public to learn more about the wildlife that call this home through games and fun activities.
Please keep in mind:
- This program is appropriate for families with children of all ages and their parents.
- Please dress appropriately as the program will happen rain or shine.
- Please wear closed toed shoes as there will be quite a bit of walking, including on uneven terrain.
- There are no restrooms, please plan accordingly.
- Please bring water and snack, as needed.
Additional program dates for Family Filoha Meadows Evening Exploration are:
- Thursday, July 13, 2023
- Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Please email email@example.com with questions.