Please note: You MUST have a Google Account to participate in this photography contest.
If you have a Google email address, this account will work.
If you do not have a Google email, you may create a free Google account here.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
1. AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL DIVISION
There are two divisions: amateur and professional. "Professional" includes any person who receives payment for their photography in any capacity.
There are two categories:
- Roaring Fork Watershed Scenic Waterways. This includes rivers, streams, lakes, wetlands, snow, riparian areas, etc.
- Flora and Fauna of the Roaring Fork Watershed. This includes wildlife, wildflowers, trees, mushrooms, insects, lichen, etc. Macro photos are welcome.
3. PHOTO REQUIREMENTS
- All photos must be taken within the Roaring Fork Watershed. See a map of the Roaring Fork Watershed here.
- Entries must be digital files, color or B&W.
- Photo files MUST be labeled as follows: "Lastname_Photo-Title_2020" (Example: Smith_MaroonLakeFall_2020)
- Images must not be digitally altered beyond minor adjustments (subject to judges’ discretion).
- Digital photos must between 1MB and 10MB in size and submitted via this form. Please do not email or mail photos in any format.
Photographers utilizing drone cameras MUST follow all regulations of the land owner/manager where photos are taken. If a photo is taken by illegal drone use, that photographer will be disqualified from the contest and reported.
3. PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Your photos MUST be labeled correctly and uploaded via the link below.
- You MUST fill out the Photo Submission Form for each photo by November 12.
- Limit of five (5) submissions per entrant - can be any combination of categories.
- Entries which do not follow our guidelines cannot be accepted.
4. PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
You may also enter your submissions for the People’s Choice Award. This group of photos will be shared through Facebook to allow the community to ‘like’/vote for their favorite photos. Photos may contain watermarks but may not include the photographer's name. You may not comment on your own photos.
5. COPYRIGHT AND PROMOTIONAL RELEASE
You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright in all photos entered. Photos must not have been published elsewhere. By submitting to this contest, you agree that your photos can be used in, but not limited to, Roaring Fork Conservancy’s digital and print publications, with appropriate credit given. The photographer retains all copyrights.
Any person(s) appearing in photographs must sign a promotional release allowing Roaring Fork Conservancy to publish their image. Release available: http://www.roaringfork.org/media/1336/rfc-stand-alone-media-release-form-2016-_final-_-do-not-change.pdf . Completed and signed release should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. CONTEST AWARDS
Photos will be judged by professional photographers not participating in the contest. Judging criteria includes but is not limited to composition, clarity, subject matter relevant to the watershed, and overall aesthetic feeling. Awards will be chosen for the following categories.
Professional: Scenic Waterways of the Roaring Fork Watershed - Best Photo
Professional: Flora and Fauna of the Roaring Fork Watershed - Best Photo
Amateur: Scenic Waterways of the Roaring Fork Watershed - Best Photo
Amateur: Flora and Fauna of the Roaring Fork Watershed - Best Photo
People's Choice Award (one overall winner, regardless of division or category, to be voted on by the public via Facebook)
Winners will be notified via email and announced on Roaring Fork Conservancy's website when judging is complete. Winning photos will be published on www.roaringfork.org, social media and in print in Roaring Fork Conservancy materials.
CLICK HERE to submit your photo entries
Questions? Please contact Christina Medved at email@example.com or (970) 927-1290.